Holocaust and WW II
Auschwitz Study Tour / Auschwitz School Trip, 3 days
"The topography and logic of the Holocaust". Study tour / school trip to the Auschwitz Memorial and Museum.
- Visit to Auschwitz- Birkenau - the world’s largest Nazi extermination camp
- Visit to the former ghetto in the district of Podgórze
- Tour of the multimedia exhibition “Krakow under Nazi occupation 1939 – 1945” in the former Oskar Schindler Factory
- Meeting with an “eyewitness to history”– a survivor of the Krakow ghetto or a “Righteous Among the Nations of the World”
morning & afternoon Flight to Katowice or Krakow. Coach transfer from the airport to Oświęcim (the town in which Auschwitz is located).
“Auschwitz–the topography and logic of the Holocaust”: two-part tour. The first part covers the exhibition in the prisoner blocks in Auschwitz I–Stammlager (the original camp): the death block, the wall of death, and the only surviving gas chamber and crematorium. After a rest, a tour of Auschwitz II–Birkenau, the site of the mass extermination of the Jews, with the preserved prisoners’ barracks, the ruins of the gas chambers and crematoria, and the monument commemorating the victims of the camp.
evening Coach transfer to Krakow. Check-in and dinner at your hotel.
morning “Before the Holocaust”–tour of Kazimierz, the former Jewish quarter of Krakow. Visit to the Gothic and Renaissance Old Synagogue, now the Jewish Museum, and to the sixteenth-century Jewish cemetery adjacent to the Remuh Synagogue. After a rest, a tour of the site of the former ghetto in the district of Podgórze. The program includes a visit to Schindler’s factory and a tour of the exhibition “Krakow under Nazi occupation 1939–1945”.
afternoon Free time, or a short guided walking tour of Krakow’s Old Town.
evening Dinner, followed by a meeting with an “eyewitness to history”–a survivor of the Krakow ghetto or a “Righteous Among the Nations of the World”, one of the people who helped fellow Jewish residents of the city survive during the Holocaust.
Check-out. Transfer to the airport. Return flight from Krakow.
- 2 night's accommodation in Krakow in a 2* student hotel or hostel on bed and breakfast basis
- All transfers as per above mentioned itinerary
- Private English speaking guide as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- Meals as per the itinerary
Services not included:
- The journey to and from Poland
- Tour guide
- Public transport
- Personal expenditure, tips, etc.
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Price on request.