Central Europe Tours
Central Europe Tour / Round Trip, incl. Warsaw, Krakow and Auschwitz
Route: Warsaw (Poland) - Czestochowa ( Poland) - Krakow ( Poland) - Auschwitz (Poland) - Budapest (Hungary) - Vienna (Austria) - Prague (Czech Republic)
- Visit to the magnificent 14th-century monastery at Jasna Gora, the home of the Black Madonna icon
- Visit to the museum and grounds of the former Auschwitz - Birkenau concentration camp
- Visit to the St. Mary's Basilica in Krakow with its famous wooden altarpiece made by Veit Stoss
- Cruise on the romantic Danube River
- Excursion to the charming artists - town of Szentendre
- Visit to the Hradcany Castle
1st day Warsaw
morning Arrival in Warsaw, Poland’s capital. Transfer to a centrally located hotel.
afternoon Time at leisure.
evening Dinner with folklore show at a traditional Polish restaurant.
2nd day Warsaw
morning Opportunity to learn about the history of Warsaw during a sightseeing tour. Visit to both banks of the Vistula River and the Old Town with its colorful market square. Drive along the Royal Route lined with palaces, historic churches, and famous statues. Visit to the historical sights including the Monument of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
afternoon Time at leisure.
3rd day Warsaw, Czestochowa, Auschwitz and Krakow
morning Drive south to Czestochowa to visit the magnificent 14th-century monastery at Jasna Gora, the home of the Black Madonna icon.
afternoon A visit to the concentration camp in Auschwitz, now a museum honoring the victims of the Holocaust.
evening Arrival in ancient Krakow, the former Royal capital of Poland, dinner at a local restaurant.
4th day Krakow
morning Tour of the residence of Polish kings with its fine medieval architecture, virtually untouched by war. Visit to the Royal Wawel Castle and St. Mary’s Church as well as the splendid Market Square.
afternoon Free time to explore this charming city on your own.
5th day Krakow and Budapest
morning & afternoon Scenic drive through the mountains of Slovakia, down the Danube River Valley to Budapest, the delightful Hungarian capital.
evening Arrival in Budapest.
6th day Budapest
morning Tour of Budapest, one of Eastern Europe’s most lively cities. This tour will introduce you to the history and sights of the city. Enjoy a panoramic view from Fishermen’s Bastion located on Castle Hill. See the 13th century Matthias Coronation Church and the Citadel on Mount Gellert.
afternoon Leisurely cruise on the romantic Danube River.
evening Free time to explore the city on your own.
7th day Danube Bend region
morning & afternoon Excursion to the scenic Hungarian countryside - the charming artists - town of Szentendre, a real beauty at the gateway to the picturesque Danube River Bend region.
evening Back to Budapest, free time to enjoy the city on your own.
8th day Budapest and Vienna
morning Drive from Budapest across the border into Austria - to splendid Vienna, the center of the former Habsburg Empire.
afternoon Panoramic tour of the city along the Ring Boulevard, past Emperor Franz Josef’s Hofburg Palace and the ornate State Opera to a gem of Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of St. Stephen.
9th day Vienna
morning & afternoon Day at leisure to explore the city on your own, shop and relax. Worth seeing - the magnificent Schonbrunn Palace, the baroque summer residence of the Habsburgs. You may also visit the wine village of Grinzing for a lively dinner with local entertainment.
10th day Vienna and Prague
morning Drive across the Czech border through ich farmlands to Moravia - visit to the towns of Durnstein and Telc en route.
afternoon Arrival in Prague, one of the most vibrant cities in Europe.
11th day Prague
morning & afternoon Tour of the beautiful city of Prague built on seven hills, a visit to the Hradcany Castle and the Old Royal Palace, former residence of Bohemian kings. A walk through the picturesque 14th century Charles`Bridge and a visit to the charming Old Town.
evening Time at leisure.
12th day Prague
morning At leisure to relax, shop or explore the fascinating Jewish Quarter on your own.
evening Transfer to the airport and departure.
- 2 night's accommodation in Warsaw in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 night's accommodation in Krakow in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 night's accommodation in Budapest in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 night's accommodation in Vienna in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 night's accommodation in Prague in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- All transfers as per above mentioned itinerary
- Private English speaking guide as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- Meals as per the itinerary
Services not included:
- The journey to Poland and from the Czech Republic
- Tour guide
- Public transport
- Personal expenditure, tips, etc.
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Price on request.