Central Europe Tours
Central Europe Tour / Round Trip, incl. Krakow and Auschwitz
Route: Prague (Czech Republic) - Vienna (Austria) - Bratislava (Slovakia) - Budapest (Hungary) - Auschwitz (Poland) - Krakow (Poland)
- Visit to the Karlstein castle, one of the most colorful medieval castles in Europe
- Visit to the one of the vineyards of Grinzing with dinner and wine tasting
- Tour of the Hofburg imperial palace
- Visit to Szentendre - a colorful Hungarian-Serb town of artists and museums
- Visit to the salt mine in Wieliczka, one of a kind historic artifact of medieval industrialization
- Visit to the museum and grounds of the former Auschwitz - Birkenau concentration camp
1st day Prague
Flight into Prague, transfer and hotel check-in. Dinner followed by time for one's own activities.
2nd day Prague
morning & afternoon Sightseeing of Prague, including Hradcany Castle, Saint Vitus Cathedral, famous Golden Street and the colorful district of Small Strana including the church of St. Nicholas and Charles Bridge, old town market place, Josefov Jewish district, Celetna street, and Vaclav Place the center of today's Prague.
evening Dinner at an old town restaurant with the best Czech beer.
3rd day Prague
morning Further sightseeing of Prague, Karlstein castle one of the most colorful medieval castles in Europe.
afternoon At leisure in Prague.
evening Cruise on the Vltava River, dinner on board of the ship, accompanied by traditional Czech music.
4th day Imperial Vienna
morning Departure from Prague, destination Vienna, with a stop in Telc, the city famous for its baroque architecture, listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site.
afternoon Crossing of Austrian border followed by a stop in one of the vineyards of Grinzing, dinner and wine tasting.
evening Arrival in Vienna, hotel check-in, first night in Vienna.
5th day Vienna
morning Sightseeing of Vienna including Hofburg imperial palace, Opera House, baroque Joseph square, the symbol of Vienna, St. Stephen's Cathedral.
afternoon At leisure in Vienna - opportunity to visit the Schoenbrunn Palace and Park or the Prater amusement park.
evening Night out on the Prater, the famous entertainment district, with an optional concert of Strauss or Mozart at the Kursalon, second night in Vienna.
6th day Bratislava - Danube’s Beauty
morning Drive to Bratislava the capital of the Slovak Republic, with Castle Hill offering a superb view of the Danube river. Walk through the charming Old Town including Main Square with crafts market and neo-Classical Primate’s Palace, Michalska Street and Gate.
afternoon Hotel check-in and rest of the afternoon at leisure offering an opportunity to stroll through the streets of the old town at your own pace.
evening Dinner at one of the local restaurants, night in Bratislava.
7th day Budapest
morning Departure from Bratislava, arrival in Budapest and hotel check-in.
afternoon Sightseeing of Budapest, view of the city from Gellert’s Hill and Castle Hill including St. Martin’s church, Fishermens’ Bastion, old town buildings, Parliament and Hero’s square.
evening Dinner in a traditional Budapest restaurant an evening with music and Hungarian wine.
Night in Budapest.
8th day Budapest
morning Continued sightseeing with a visit to the famous Budapest thermal pools.
afternoon at leisure in Budapest.
evening Travel to Szentendre - a colorful Hungarian-Serb town of artists and museums on the Danube river. Evening stroll through the town, dinner, and return to Budapest.
Second night in Budapest.
9th day Krakow - Florence of the North
morning Departure from Budapest, crossing the Hungarian and Slovak borders, break en route in Banska Bystrica. Short sightseeing tour of the city, famous for being the center of metal smelting during the medieval period.
afternoon Continued travel to Krakow, arrival in Krakow and hotel check-in, dinner.
evening At leisure, first night in Krakow.
10th day Krakow
morning Guided walking tour of Krakow, the former capital of Poland, including the Wawel Castle, Jagiellonski University, town square, St. Mary’s Church and charming streets of the Old Town.
afternoon Travel to Wieliczka to visit a one of a kind historic artifact of medieval industrialization, a salt mine with countless underground passages, caves, lakes, halls and a unique chapel, all adorned with figures, statues and chandeliers, all carved from crystal salt. Wieliczka was enlisted on UNESCO World Heritage List.
evening Return to Krakow and the rest of the day at leisure.
Dinner and overnight in Krakow.
11th day Auschwitz - remembering the extermination
morning Travel to Auschwitz, a visit to the museum and grounds of the former concentration camp, where during World War II, the Nazis murdered over one million people, mostly Jews.
afternoon Return to Krakow, and rest of the day at leisure.
Dinner and overnight in Krakow.
12th day Farewell to Krakow
morning Check-out of your hotel, transfer to catch the departure flight from Krakow airport.
- 3 night's accommodation in Prague in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 night's accommodation in Vienna in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night's accommodation in Bratislava in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 night's accommodation in Budapest in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 night's accommodation in Krakow in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- All transfers as per above mentioned itinerary
- Private English speaking guide as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- Meals as per the itinerary
Services not included:
- The journey to the Czech Republic and from Poland
- Tour guide
- Public transport
- Personal expenditure, tips, etc.
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Price on request.