ROTARY CLUB TRIPS
Rotary Club Trip to Gdansk
Are you planning your Rotary Club Trip to Gdansk?
We will work out the right club trip for you. Marco the Pole has been organizing Rotary Club trips to Poland for 15 years, including Gdansk, Wroclaw, Krakow and Warsaw. We have hosted Rotarians from about 30 Rotary Clubs from Germany, England, France and Italy in Poland so far.
We offer you the complete service:
- Idea, conception, program creation
- Transparent cost estimate and reasonable prices
- Booking of hotels, flights, restaurants, transfers
- Contacts with interesting people from the fields: politics, economy, culture
- Program full of cultural and political insights
- Competent and open-minded tour guide and support by Marco the Pole
We take care of all organizational questions, respond to the wishes of experienced Rotary Club travelers, ensure a smooth and eventful journey and react flexibly to the change requests.
We would be pleased to assist you in planning your next Rotary Club trip to Gdansk and are already looking forward to your request.
- Gdansk as a Hanseatic city, the role of Germans, Poles and other nationalities in building the city
- Gdansk during the Second World War - Westerplatte and the Polish postal service
- Reconstruction of the city after the Second World War, new population, workers' protests in December 1970
- Gdansk as the cradle of Solidarność, founding of the Solidarność trade union in August 1980
- Meeting and conversation with a representative of the Solidarność trade union
Day 1 Gdansk
Arrival in Gdansk. Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
afternoon guided tour of the Old Town on the topics: Gdansk as a Hanseatic city, the role of Germans, Poles and other nationalities in building the city. Gdansk as a "Free City" (Long Market, Town Hall, Neptune Fountain, Artus Court, St. Mary's Church, etc.).
evening Dinner in the hotel restaurant
Afterwards meeting with representatives of local politics and discussion on the topic: "Current political situation in Poland".
Day 2 Gdansk - Sopot - Oliwa - Gdansk
morning "Gdansk as the Cradle of Solidarność": visit to the Church of St. Brigitte and the monument to the victims of the 1970 workers' protests and the exhibition "Ways to Freedom".
afternoon Cruise by ship through the Gdansk shipyard, passing Westerplatte, the place where the Second World War began. Arrival in Sopot. Walk on the famous pier. On the way back to Gdansk, guided tour of the cathedral in Oliwa followed by an organ concert.
evening meeting and discussion with Gdansk Rotary Club members in Gdansk, followed by dinner together in a restaurant in the Old Town.
Day 3 Gdansk - Kashubia - Gdansk
morning Drive from Gdansk to Kartuzy - capital of Kashubia - with visit to the Kashubian Museum. Visit to the church. Continue to the conservative and traditional Chmielno, where people still live according to old customs and traditions. Visit to the pottery of the Necel family, which has been producing traditional and at the same time beautiful Kashubian ceramics for seven generations.
afternoon Meeting and discussion with the representative of the Solidarność trade union on the topic "The legacy of the Solidarność movement today".
In the evening, dinner in a well-known Gdansk fish restaurant.
Day 4 Gdansk - journey home
Free time in Gdansk in the morning.
afternoon transfer to the airport. Flight home
- 3 night's accommodation in a 4 or 5 star hotel in Gdansk with breakfast buffet
- 3 dinners (hotel and Old Town restaurants as per itinerary)
- 4 lunches
- All transfers as per above mentioned itinerary
- Private English speaking tour guide
- City tours with qualified guide as per itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- Boat tickets (boat trip to Sopot)
- 3 meetings with the interlocutors
Services not included:
- The journey to and from Poland
- Public transport
- Personal expenditure, tips, etc.
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary