Slovakia Panoramic Tour
This trip through Slovakia will allow you to discover this small country which has so much to offer in terms of landscapes (national parks, caves, lakes, ski slopes, springs and spas) and culture (historical cities classified as UNESCO World Heritage, sacred architecture, numerous manor houses, typical folklore differing according to the regions). You will visit Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, the Spis region, you will do some trekking in the Tatra mountains and you can also enjoy one of the thermal baths. Slovakia is an ideal country for a family holiday.
- Visit to Modra pottery manufacture
- Visit to the Renaissance fortress Èervený Kameò, once the best fortified anti-Turkish fortress of the region
- Trip with a funicular to the Hrebienok Mountain
- Visit Levoèa with the world’s highest wooden Gothic altar by Master Paul
- Visit to Banská Bystrica, formerly a mining town and center of the Central Slovak region
1st day Bratislava
morning Arrival at Vienna Airport and transfer to your hotel in Bratislava.
afternoon Tour of Slovak capital Bratislava with Castle Hill offering a superb view of the Danube river. Walk through the charming Old Town including Main Square with crafts market and neo-Classical Primate’s Palace, where the 1805 peace treaty between Austria and France was signed.
evening Welcome dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight in Bratislava.
2nd day Bratislava - Modra - Cerveny Kamen - Bratislava
morning A trip along the Small Carpathian Wine Route - winegrowing towns located along southern slopes of the Small Carpathians. A visit to Modra pottery manufacture to see how the famous Slovak ceramics have been produced for ages. Visit to the Renaissance fortress Èervený Kameò, once the best fortified anti-Turkish fortress of the region.
afternoon Time at leisure in Bratislava Old Town.
evening Dinner and overnight in Bratislava.
3rd day Bratislava - Trencin - Liptovsky Mikulas
morning Departure from Bratislava and drive along the Váh River valley guarded by a chain of castles that in the Middle Ages formed an important military network. Stopover in Trenèín, a town under the majestic Castle of Matúscák, where you can find Slovakia’s oldest written document.
afternoon Our journey continues to Liptovský Mikulás - see the precious Classical Revival synagogue.
evening Arrival at your hotel - check-in, dinner, and overnight in Liptovský Mikulás.
4th day Liptovsky Mikulas - Kezmarok - Zamagurie - Stary Smokovec
morning & afternoon Drive to Kezmarok to visit the wooden Lutheran church, followed by a visit to the exceptional Zamagurie Region, populated by proud and hospitable people called Gorals [Highlanders] speaking local Slovak-Polish dialect. Visit the former monastery Èervený Klástor and enjoy rafting on wooden rafts along the Dunajec river, concluding with a picnic dinner with live music.
evening Arrival at your hotel in Stary Smokovec, check-in and overnight
5th day Stary Smokovec - Spis - Levoca - Ruzomberok
morning Trip with a funicular to the Hrebienok Mountain, forest walk to the Cold Creek waterfalls and opportunity to admire the beauty of Tatra nature.
afternoon Drive to the Spis-Region considered the art historical treasury of Slovakia. Visit Levoèa with the world’s highest wooden Gothic altar by Master Paul and the majestic Spis-Castle and Spiské Podhradie - the largest castle compound in Central Europe.
evening Festive dinner at a typical mountain style restaurant with live music. Drive to Ruzomberok, arrival at your hotel check-in and overnight.
6th day Ruzomberok - Banska Bystrica - Bratislava
morning Drive to Bratislava with a stop en route at historic Banská Bystrica, formerly a mining town and center of the Central Slovak region, walk around the restored main square of the town with many outdoor cafés and restaurants.
afternoon Arrival in Bratislava and check-in at the hotel. A few moments at leisure in Bratislava.
evening Farewell dinner at a typical local restaurant.
7th day Bratislava - Vienna
morning Hotel check-out and transfer to Vienna Airport for your homebound flight.
- 3 night's accommodation in Bratislava in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night's accommodation in Liptovský Mikulás in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night's accommodation in Stary Smokovec in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night's accommodation in Ruzomberok in a hotel chosen by you on bed and breakfast basis
- All transfers as per above mentioned itinerary
- Private English speaking guide as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all sightseeing
- Meals as per the itinerary
Services not included:
- The journey to Austria and from Austria
- Tour guide
- Public transport
- Personal expenditure, tips, etc.
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Price on request.